CashStar, the preferred digital gifting and incentives partner for retailers, today announced the results of its first Father’s Day Gifting survey. The survey examined consumers’ desires for and expectations of eGifts and found that more than 39 million Americans plan to purchase an eGift card for Father’s Day or another holiday this year, which reinforces the growth of this multi-billion dollar market. The study also found consumers demand photo and video personalization and more than 130 million expect eGifts in seconds.
“Consumers are embracing eGifts in greater numbers, and retailers that don’t offer personalized, ultra-convenient solutions are losing revenue,” said David Stone, CEO and co-founder of CashStar. “What was most telling about the survey, and should be a wake-up call to the industry is how more than 40 percent of shoppers would go to another retailer if they weren’t given enough personalization options.”
Specifically, the CashStar Father’s Day Gifting survey found:
- eGifts a popular choice — More than 98 million Americans (42 percent) have given or received an eGift card.
- eGifts don’t come to those that wait — When consumers want an eGift, they expect it to be delivered immediately. More than 56 percent of survey respondents expect to have the eGift arrive in minutes. Only seven percent will wait days. This has a significant impact on retailer’s offerings, as 128 million Americans (55 percent) indicated they would shop elsewhere if they had to wait hours for eGifts.
- Consumers demand personalization — Consumers expect personalization with their eGifts. More than 98 million indicated they would leave a retailer’s website and shop somewhere else if they could not personalize the eGift cards.
- Personalization is more than a message — When asked, 107 million Americans (46 percent) indicated they wanted to be able to add their own photo to their eGifts. More than 95 million Americans wanted to add video.
- Make it convenient – Consumers want the eGifting purchasing process to be easy. Fifty-five percent said they were likely to abandon the order if there were too many screens or forms to complete.
- Mobile trumps social — Despite recent buzz around social gifting, more Americans (32 percent) find it important to have an optimized mobile experience than to be able to send an eGift via social (20 percent).
This survey was conducted online by the expert market researchers at Zoomerang within the United States between June 10-11, 2012, among 1,012 adults age 18+, of which 536 were women. The margin of error is +/- 3 percent. Population numbers were derived from responses extrapolated to U.S. Census 2010 data.
About CashStar, Inc. CashStar is the preferred digital gifting and incentives partner for retailers nationwide. These retail brands leverage CashStar to easily and securely integrate digital gifting strategies to increase sales and customer loyalty. CashStar offers consumers an unmatched personalized eGift experience via email, mobile and social channels. It is the only company to successfully combine an on-demand B2C and B2B digital gifting and incentives platform with innovative multichannel marketing strategies. More than 250 brands are successfully partnering with CashStar to drive incremental sales, increase retention and boost profitability including Best Buy, Chili’s Grill & Bar, CVS/pharmacy, Gap, Pottery Barn, QVC, Staples, Starbucks, T.G.I. Friday’s, The Home Depot, and Williams-Sonoma. To learn more about how CashStar is constantly innovating the way businesses deliver personalized gifting experiences to consumers and partners in the digital world, please visit www.cashstar.com or e-mail .
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.