The National Retail Federation Predicts Record Year for Holiday Gift Card Sales
CashStar, the digital gifting company preferred by the world’s leading brands, today announced that nearly 200 of its clients’ brands are leveraging marketing promotions powered by the CashStar platform this holiday season. As gift cards – including plastic, digital and mobile – continue to grow in popularity, deals and promotions benefit both the sender and recipient.
According to The National Retail Federation (NRF) holiday shopping survey, the average consumer will spend $163.16 on gift cards with 8 in 10 (80.6 percent) of shoppers purchasing cards this season. Recognizing this, savvy retailers are using CashStar’s promotional capabilities as a key element in their holiday marketing strategies. eGift card promotions and offers, including the popular Give One, Get One (GOGO) incentive can be found on each brand’s website. Promotions include:
- Dell – Buyers receive a FREE $75 Dell Promotional eGift Card for every $400 worth of Dell eGift Card(s) purchased
- Caribou Coffee – Buyers receive $5 eGift Card for every $25 worth of eGift Cards purchased
- Morton’s The Steakhouse – Buyers receive a FREE $20 Reward Card when they purchase $100 in eGift Cards
- TGI FridaysSM – Buyers receive a $5 Bonus Bites Card when they spend $25 on eGift Cards
- P.F. Chang’s – Buyers receive a $20 Bonus Card when they buy $100 in gift cards
- Shula’s Steak Houses – For every $150 in eGift Cards you purchase receive a $25 Bonus Card
- The Children’s Place – Buyers get a $10 Promo Card when they spend $40 or more in eGift Cards
- UNO Chicago Grill – Buyers receive a $5 Bonus Voucher when they buy $25 in eGift Cards
- Kona Grill – Buyers receive a $20 bonus for every $100 spent on gift cards
- Levy Restaurants – Buyers receive a $25 Bonus Card for every $100 eGift Card purchased from the Levy family of restaurants, including Bar Toma, Spiaggia, and Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap
- Restaurants Unlimited – Buyers receive a 20 percent discount on eGift Card purchases totaling $5 or more from its 21 restaurants including, Portland City Grill, Kincaid’s, Palisade and more.
“Strategic marketers are recognizing the power of digital gift cards for promotions and marketing campaigns that drive acquisition, engagement and increased basket size,” said CashStar president and CEO Ben Kaplan. “We’re so excited that our retail and restaurant clients are leveraging the promotional capabilities from our platform for what we expect to be a record-breaking holiday season.”
For a comprehensive list of CashStar-powered eGift cards, please visit: https://www.cashstar.com/buy-egift-card/?ref=pr.
About CashStar, Inc.
CashStar is the leading provider of omni-channel digital gifting solutions for the world’s top brands. The CashStar platform enables retailers and restaurants to maximize sales, eliminate fraud risk, increase customer engagement, and drive adoption of mobile payments. More than 300 leading companies rely on CashStar to power the most innovative and advanced prepaid and digital gifting programs, including Best Buy, Brookstone, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Dell, Dunkin’ Donuts, Gap, lululemon, Petco, Pottery Barn, QVC, Sephora, Staples, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, The Home Depot, and Williams-Sonoma. To learn more, please visit cashstar.com, follow @CashStar_Inc, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.