CashStar 5 Delivers New Innovations for Personalized Consumer and Business Gifting, Mobile Payments, Marketing Promotions, and Risk Management
CashStar, the digital gifting company preferred by the world’s leading brands, today announced the release of CashStar 5, the newest version of its award-winning digital gifting platform. Already live with CashStar clients and delivered as a SaaS solution, CashStar’s platform innovations deliver incredible ROI for retailers by lifting revenue, engaging consumers, and supporting omni-channel shopping experiences.
“CashStar’s track record of innovation is unmatched in the industry and continues with the release of CashStar 5,” stated Ben Kaplan, president and CEO of CashStar. “CashStar 5 extends our clear product leadership with new solutions and platform capabilities that transform digital gifting into powerful omni-channel commerce and marketing tools. Most importantly, our merchant partners are already live and using CashStar 5 to drive more profitable, loyal, and personalized customer relationships.”
CashStar 5 is an integrated omni-channel digital and plastic gift card platform featuring the innovative solutions and expanding capabilities:
- CashStar Consumer – Market-leading B2C gifting solution for merchants featuring personalized, integrated e-commerce and mobile capabilities for digital and plastic gift card sales.
- CashStar Business – Robust B2B gift card solution providing merchants with integrated digital and plastic gift card distribution for direct and channel B2B sales.
- CashStar Marketing – Flexible, scalable marketing promotion platform for merchant brands to execute campaigns for customer acquisition, engagement, loyalty, and social marketing.
- CashStar Assist – Unique and flexible digital gift card solution for merchants to streamline and enhance customer service, warranty service, and product return operations.
- CashStar Exchange – Real-time B2B digital gift card solution and merchant network for channel and distribution partners, loyalty programs, and incentive companies.
“Sephora’s mobile strategy is focused on providing real utility and a compelling user experience for our clients,” said Johnna Marcus, digital business development director. “With CashStar 5, we have expanded our gift card program to the Sephora to Go iPhone app, enabling our clients to create and send highly personalized digital gift cards from the app, as well as save all their Sephora gift cards in it. No more gift cards forgotten or left at home, our clients can access their gift card balance any time, making mobile shopping – whether on the device or in our stores – easier than ever.”
Key CashStar 5 enhancements include:
- Enhanced CashStar Consumer e-commerce experience including flexible order flow, support for PayPal payments and unified digital and plastic gift card e-commerce. These enhancements have improved e-commerce conversion rates by up to 50%.
- New Mobile App SDK for native app development and integration for iOS and Android. The Mobile SDK integrates with smartphone contacts, photos and videos, enables storage and management of digital and plastic gift cards, enhances mobile wallet and payment functionality, and integrates with mobile-supported loyalty programs.
- New Tactile Unwrapping™ module for CashStar Consumer enables a rich recipient user experience. Launched just before the 2013 holidays, Tactile Unwrapping replicates the gift unwrapping experience in the digital medium and is live with many top brands including with QVC, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, West Elm and other brands.
- Release of a robust new version of CashStar Business, a multi-channel B2B solution providing merchants with integrated digital and plastic gift card distribution for direct and channel B2B sales. Powerful capabilities include multi-currency support, customizable roles and permissions, and enhanced order management and review.
- Launch of a new CashStar Marketing solution, a flexible, scalable marketing promotion platform. CashStar Marketing provides merchant brands with a wide range of promotion types, a social promotion engine powering offers via Twitter, Facebook, Groupon, Living Social, and others, and scalable technology and financial settlement capabilities.
“The ability to run innovative and flexible promotional campaigns is integral to the success of our gift card and marketing programs,” said David Libenson, vice president of financial operations, Aéropostale. “The new co-branded promotion we recently executed is just one example of how CashStar innovation has delivered results for our brand.”
- Best-in-Class Security, Scalability, and Reliability – A secure level 1 PCI-compliant platform with 99.99% uptime and proven scalability with the world’s largest retailers and payments companies.
- Revenue-Optimizing Risk Management – A risk management engine optimized for card-not-present plastic and digital gift card use cases that not only removes all merchant fraud liability, but also maximizes revenue with no auto-declines and proprietary, continuously enhanced predictive models.
- Rich Reporting and Analytics – Rich, configurable client reporting supported by powerful data warehouse and analytics services drive actionable insights and program growth.
- Financial Operations and Settlement – End-to-end payment processing, financial operations, reconciliation and settlement platform is proven at scale with the largest digital gift card programs in the world.
- Customer Care Services – White-label tier-one and tier-two customer service options provide merchants with branded consumer support and expertise.
- Strategic Program Management and Digital Marketing – Business and technical account management, program management, and digital marketing services drive best practices, execution, and program success for partners.
CashStar is the leading provider of omni-channel digital gifting solutions for the world’s top brands. The CashStar platform enables retailers and restaurants to maximize sales, eliminate fraud risk, increase customer engagement, and drive adoption of mobile payments. More than 300 leading companies rely on CashStar to power the most innovative and advanced prepaid and digital gifting programs, including Best Buy, Brookstone, Coach, Crate & Barrel, Dell, Dunkin’ Donuts, Gap, lululemon athletica, Office Depot, Petco, Pottery Barn, QVC, Sephora, Staples, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, The Home Depot, and Williams-Sonoma. To learn more, please visit www.cashstar.com, follow @CashStar_Inc, or e-mail .